As one of the Windward Islands of the West Indies’ Lesser Antilles, Saint Lucia is known for its natural beauty and diverse attractions, including the signature Piton Mountains (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), a tropical rainforest, the highly-Instagrammed mud baths at Sulphur Springs Park and one of the world’s few drive-in volcanoes. Saint Lucia’s wide range of accommodations includes five-star hotels, all-inclusive resorts, intimate inns, and value-oriented properties. And now there’s even more to love.
The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) has just launched a bespoke accommodations program to showcase 400-plus smaller accommodation properties in Saint Lucia. One may just hit your sweet spot.
Collection de Pépites features a broad range of one-of-a-kind island jewels, including local B&Bs, boutiques, inns and luxury villas. The name originates in the island’s French heritage and means a collection of small pieces or nuggets of gold. The aim is to introduce travelers to properties that have 35 rooms or fewer, which may not be as well-known as the island’s larger hotels and resorts. Many of the properties offer distinct opportunities for visitors to discover culture, culinary and wellness experiences within intimate accommodations.
In other words, now you can enjoy the “gilt trip.”
Collection de Pépites has a dedicated page on the Saint Lucia website, where travelers can find detailed information on the types of accommodation and search by their specific criteria such as location, family-friendly or price. Visitors can choose their accommodation and click through to book directly on the providers’ site. All participating properties have been accredited by the SLTA to provide an added layer of reassurance. Ongoing reviews and checks will take place to ensure quality control and safety management.
Says Mrs. Lorine Charles-St. Jules, CEO of SLTA: “We are really excited to bring together this collection of wonderful property gems for vacationers to discover. We know from visitor feedback that there is a real demand for distinct properties like locally-owned inns, boutique hotels, luxury villas and quaint B&Bs filled with local flavor. That is why we created Collection de Pépites – and it is win-win because our smaller accommodations have more exposure to wider audiences. The motivations to choose a more intimate stay come from a range of reasons. It could be a desire to have total privacy in a smaller property, the excitement of discovering a locally-owned gem, or to get to know the locals for an even more authentic Saint Lucian experience.”
Property listings include:
- Caille Blanc Villa & Hotel – A one-of-a-kind luxury private boutique hotel with a 65-foot infinity pool and waterfall facing the majestic Pitons and the Caribbean Sea
- Jungle Escape Eco Lodge – This eco-lodge is a hideaway for couples or groups to enjoy nature in the Saint Lucian countryside
- Nescape Studio – A newly built one bedroom apartment in the quiet surroundings of a lush tropical forest
- Paradise Hotel – Four stunning cottages set back just off the waterfront overlooking Malgretoute Beach in the south of the island
- Rabot Estate by Hotel Chocolat – Set 1,000 feet above the Caribbean Sea with views of the Pitons, this hotel has an open-air restaurant, bar, spa and 14 luxury lodges
- South Sea House – Three highly-rated great value apartments, suitable for 2-4 guests in each, located on a quiet cul de sac in Cap Estate, a residential area in the north of Saint Lucia
- Têt Rouge – Located on the hills just above Choiseul, at the base of Gros Piton, this four-star boutique resort has six suites with spectacular views
- The Suite Spot Apartment – A one bedroom with ensuite bathroom, cosy for a couple’s retreat
Additional B&Bs, boutique hotels, inns and villas will be added to the program following the initial announcement and launch.
The destination also offers world-class cruise and yachting facilities and is recognized as one of the leading wedding and honeymoon destinations worldwide. In other words, say, “I Do” to St. Lucia for your next trip.
For more about me, please Follow me on Instagram at @DebbiKickham.